Crimcheck is your business partner for background checks for the Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations Industries
Crimcheck specializes in background screening for the Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations industries. Major advertising and marketing firms as well as those in the PR industry utilize Crimcheck to screen their employees, film candidates, vendors and contract workers.
The Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations Industries were among the sectors most affected by the recession. Since the end of the recession, many companies are looking to refill positions that had been lost. Ensure you hire the best candidates possible by trusting Crimcheck to perform your background screenings on all applicants.
Answering your Client’s Needs
Your clients want to know that you are creative and that you can help protect and promote their brand. In a way, that’s what we do at Crimcheck.com too. Your clients need to know you have the most capable staff, and background checks and media searches can be an important part of the hiring process. We provide customized screening packages designed as protection against liability. We help protect your brand.
Protect your Company from Fraudulent Credentials
Don’t get burned by fraudulent degrees, work history or criminal records. Crimcheck.com will validate the information that your candidate’s provide on their resumes, and research criminal records to provide you with an accurate, complete background check report.
Recent News Regarding Fraudulent Credentials
- An MIT dean never received any college degrees despite claiming to have a bachelor’s and a master’s.
- Former Notre Dame Head Coach lied about a master’s degree and being a football legend in college when he never even played a game.
- Bausch & Lomb CEO lied about his MBA degree, but was able to keep his position because he was deemed ‘too valuable’.
- RadioShack’s CEO lied about having a four-year degree when he only had a three-year degree.
- The CEO of Veritas Software lied about getting an MBA from Stanford. The company’s stock dove when the truth surfaced.
- Yahoo’s CEO never earned the computer science degree he claimed he had.
Statistics Regarding Employment in the Advertising, Marketing and PR Industries
- There are over 400,000 people employed in the advertising industry
- The Marketing industry is expected to grow 44% in the next 5 years
- The Public Relations Industry employs over 320,000 people
- There are over 7,000 PR firms in the U.S.
- Employment of PR managers is expected to grow 16% from 2010 to 2020.
Crimcheck.com Recommended Services
- Level 1
- Federal Criminal
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Civil Litigation
- Judgments and Liens
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
- Reference Checks (Professional and Personal)
- Government Watch Lists
- Media Search
Crimcheck.com can custom design a service package suited to your needs.
Why a Media Search?
Crimcheck.com will review a candidate’s online presence for any derogatory information, and help you to protect your brand.
A Media Search from Crimcheck.com is a comprehensive search of news articles, social media profiles and search engine results. Crimcheck.com can also access print media online. Our Media Search will give you a comprehensive view of your candidate’s online presence.
While social media checks are often talked about in the news, it’s important to know that there are many other outlets that need to be searched for a media presence. Negative news reports, online articles and blogs, and online newspapers and video resources are all sources of valuable information.
In certain positions that are exposed to the public, a media search is important because it gives you information you need to know about the candidate before hiring– information that others can dig up online. You will want to know about any potential liabilities before there is a problem, and not get blindsided by information after the fact.
Crimcheck.com will conduct a search of multiple major media outlets on the internet to discover articles or blogs, etc. or participation in social networking by an individual or entity.
Social Media Privacy Laws
Certain states have passed laws which prohibit employers and educational institutions from requesting usernames and passwords from their candidates and employee’s social media profiles and many other states have pending legislation regarding social media. Crimcheck.com does not request candidate passwords; rather, we gather information that is available as a public online record.